The LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System review for preschool and pre-kindergarten combines play with learning to give your little one an early start in life. Designed for kids aged 2-4 years, this LeapFrog learning system introduces toddlers to the fundamentals of learning (alphabets, numbers, colors, shapes, and patterns) and teaches basic life and school skills (counting, reading, critical thinking, etc.) in a fun and interactive way that makes it easy for kids to retain whatever they learn.
Features of the LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System
From ABCs to early math to teamwork to problem solving, the LeapStart learning system for preschool and pre-kindergarten teaches over 50 key school and life skills. To make it easy for kids to learn these skills, the book:
- Delivers lessons in a fun way using over 30 activities that range from games, to jokes, to songs, to letter hunts, and so much more. The beauty about these activities is that each can be played over and over until your child has mastered it.
- Comes equipped with a stylus, which breathes life into the learning system further helping to enhance fun. The stylus is fitted with a small camera, which reads invisible dots on every page and triggers engaging audio in the form of questions, songs, jokes, and more.
- Divides the re-playable activities into 2 levels with the second level being more difficult than the first. This helps to keep the book relevant even as your child becomes smarter.
The LeapFrog LeapStart preschool and pre-kindergarten learning system is arguably one of the best buys as far as educational toys are concerned. This is because it not only seeks out to teach important life and school skills to preschoolers but also does so in a fun way. The colors, pictures, sounds, and games spread throughout the book draw in toddlers making it possible for them to internalize what they learn. And since each activity can be re-played, your child will be able to move at a comfortable pace that ensures he/she retains whatever is learned. Therefore, this learning system can very easily help turn your little one into a genius.
2 AA batteries are required and it has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
- Features a perfect size that is not too small, big, or heavy for young kids.
- The unit’s stylus is both easy to use and difficult to lose as it is designed to fit easily into small hands and is tethered to the learning system.
- Can be used with headphones.
- Comes with a USB cable to connect to the computer.
- Is easy for small kids to transport thanks to a combination of a 3-lb lightweight build and carry handles.
- Using the stylus helps kids to develop fine motor control.
- Runs on 2AA batteries which are easy to find.
This LeapFrog LeapStart interactive learning system review would be incomplete without mentioning some of the products drawbacks. Complaints that you may come across when reading buyer reviews are as follow:
- Easy to set up but requires internet access to download some of the audio sounds
- A few users have complained about the hinge on the back of the LeapStart learning tool. Some buyers claim it makes it difficult for kids to close the book while others say it pinches the skin if shut while placed on the lap.
The LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System is a great educational toy. At less than $40, it’s decently priced and introduces your child to learning in a fun and engaging way that cultivates a life-long love of knowledge. And by investing in all 16 LeapFrog LeapStart books, which range from pre-school to 1st grade level, you will have a learning system that grows with your child.